Friday, March 5, 2010

Home Study!!

Wow! Home study packet came yesterday....not so much a "home" study as a "every single aspect of your life" study!! Many, many pages of forms and instructions for inspections, physicals, references, background checks, driver record checks, fire safety inspection, sanitation inspection, veterinary clearances, financial records, and then some!!! Glad I have time to devote to all of it! Just have to try to squeeze in extra hours at work to pay for all of it. The thing that makes me go "hmmmmm" is the fact that anyone can just go and have a baby without all of this red tape if they feel like it. I just keep reminding myself of the goal, the light that will be at the end of this tunnel! A child in need of a forever family. One that I will love and cherish for a lifetime. I have heard people say that their children that came to them through adoption were born in their hearts, now I totally get that. While my pregnancies were incredible and taxing on me with being so sick and then on bedrest for what seemed like eternity, this "pregnancy of my heart" is just as incredible with the effort and thought and sheer work that is going into it. And just like in my pregnancies when I thought of and dreamt of and hoped for and longed for that unborn child in my heart, the same is happening now for this child.

No comments:

Post a Comment