Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Things I've learned.

6 weeks out and these random things I've learned.


your senses are amazing memory keepers. soft curls on my face. scent of Freh forever in my midst. sound of giggles echo forever, if you listen.
enough tears fallen will leave white salt on your eyelashes, like a thick mascara.
a child, missing from the physical, leaves a feeling of vast emptiness as if one is enveloped by an unfamiliar, deafening hum. one the soul must maneuver around
you can cry enough that you need neosporin under your eyes.
the Holy Spirit will literally carry you through the darkest of days
i'd give anything to have a day with only toddler conversation.
i've memorized the scent of each of my children.
sympathy cards eventually stop coming in the mail.
i can't make small talk anymore.
true friends hop on planes, drive all night, write poems, bring Rita's, cry with you, crawl in bed to hold you, change their own perspective on life, pray without ceasing, call or text everyday.
my heart is forever in ethiopia
i wish i could have a baby, probably a blessing that I can't.
my husband has incredible faith
my kids need me because they are experiencing the worst thing in their lives
corn crops are a fine example of godly obedience. They use what they are given. They grow, change and bear fruit. hmmm.
desserts will never make you happy.
i hate driving in the van now.
it takes great strength to sit at the kitchen table and eat. my lap, so empty.
morning comes after every night, despite my hurt.









 


3 comments:

  1. oh Amy, sitting on the airplane, with my little E snuggled in next to me, reading this and sobbing and making a scene I'm sure, sending so much love your way, today and every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and praying for you. One day, one moment at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it better when sympathy cards stop coming in the mail, because people aren't reminding you all the time? Or is it worse because other people can move on?
    (I go to MVCC, we met once at an Abba's Hands & Heart meeting, I doubt you remember me.) Thank you for sharing with us as you process.
    ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete